1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

ABS and Emergency brake light

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by nthammack, Jun 5, 2010.

1. nthammack

nthammack New Member

My 2000 Silverado throws ABS and Emergency lights on the dash more and more often. Brakes still work fine, however i know that ABS does not when the lights are on. I can reset the computer and the ABS works and the lights go off, but then when i cut the engine off and cut it back on, the lights come back up. Anyone else have the same problem?
  2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

At work I recently had the same problem on a 2007 Kodiac 6500, different model truck but the systems are similiar.
    We ended up having the front and rear ABS sensors replaced because they had holes worn in the leads, and the power steering pump was replaced because it wouldnt build enough pressure and was setting off the low pressure sensor in the pressure line. Neither issues caused the brakes to act different but the alarm was going off almost constantly.