ABS light, AC and Cruise control on my 1998 Burb

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Jerrymedic1, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Jerrymedic1

Jerrymedic1 New Member

I am having a problem with my 1998 chevy Suburban K1500, Every time i hit a bump on the road or start my vehicle on a rainind day the ABS brake ligh tun on and the AC and Cruce control stop working for a few seconds and also the auto 4x4 stops working. I was told it could be a bad ground or a harness conection any sugestion out there please help.

2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have seen bad front wheel bearings go bad and when you hit a bump it causes the abs light to come on because the sensor is being rubbed by the sensor wheel. you could take it to a autoparts store and have them use their scan tool to scan for ABS codes. If there is one then I would take a look at the wheel hub. I have heard that cruise and 4x4 will not work with a trouble light illuminated. I don't know if that is true. As for as your ac not working I have no idea and it may not be related at all to the abs light. It is most likely a wiring issue

3. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the Club!!!

I moved your thread to the correct section of our Forum and edited your title slightly, as this will get you more responses/opinions.