1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

ABS light and brake light on.

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by ljkohler, May 28, 2013.

1. ljkohler

ljkohler New Member

I Have A 2001 Chevy Silverado 4x4 And The ABS And Brake Light On The Dash Come On After About A Minute Of Driving. I Have No Grinding Or Any Other Noises While Driving. I Believe Its Just A Bad Sensor For The Hub Assembly. Is It Possible To Replace Just The Sensor Or Easier To Replace The Whole Hub Assembly? Is There Any Way To See If Its A Recalled Part? Any Help Is Appreciated. Thanks In Advance.
  2. donyms

donyms Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the club, it's great to have you aboard. A 2001 is probably due for Hub assembly anyway. Mine is a 2002 and I had to replace the right front. Good luck man. :glasses:
  3. mfleetwood

mfleetwood New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the Club!!!

I moved your thread to the correct section as this will help in getting more response/opinions related to your topic.

Not sure if you'll find this info helpful, but I have a 2008 which does the same thing occasionally (when it happens, it's usually when I hit highway speeds). It started happening after I increased my tire size and used a programmer to set my computer accordingly. Last I heard, this happens regularly with the NNBS but not sure about your year truck.
  4. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

[MENTION=37237]mfleetwood[/MENTION], It happened to me, too, after upsizing my tire size on my NBS truck. I had to play around with my handheld programmer to find a tire size that it would accept without turning on both idiot lights. I talked to Lew about it and he said GM vehicles are finicky about tire sizes and simply to keep tweaking it until I found one that worked.

If it still happens to you, on occasion, you might need to continue to play with it to find a size that's near the mark ... without causing the issue.
  5. mfleetwood

mfleetwood New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Cool..thanks, I'll give it a shot.