1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

ABS problem

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by FireRed, Dec 21, 2009.

Random Gallery Photos

1. FireRed

FireRed New Member 100 Posts

Hi I am on Long Island we had a ton of snow so I may have a freeze issue, my ABS light came on and the ABS motor kept running even with the key off. For now I pulled the 60amp fuse until I find out what to do, any input greatly appreciated.

Phil
  2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

If this is happen on your 2002 Chevy Suburban......Went you turned off your Engine and you heard a motor still running,then it sounds like your Electronic Brake & Traction Control Module.It is on the driver's side,on the fame just in front of your Gas Tank.Went mine went out Chevy replaced it with a New one.,as my Truck was still under warranty...So I don't know how much a new one will cost.
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2009
  3. FireRed

If it is nasty in price I will leave the darn fuse out until I find a used one!

Thanks

Phil

Correction it is under the hood left side near the radiator!!!!!!
  4. Viper

Viper New Member 100 Posts

I'd hazard a guess around 1000 for the EBTCM
  5. FireRed

Spoke to a buddy, it happened to him last year. A few days later when things warmed up the problem went away, he asked around and found out it was common for the wheel sensor to freeze in very cold weather. So he I sit HOPING!!
  6. FireRed

An update the problem did not go away will a little warmer temps, the unit I am speaking of is just behind the radiator on the drivers side of the engine. I did a little test I put the fuse back in and tried the brakes on hte ice and on the dry the ABS kicks in and out normally as it did before, the fuse is back out. I think a sensor went bad so that motor thinks it has to run!!!!