Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

ABS Problem

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by FrigginNoodles, Feb 18, 2011.

1. FrigginNoodles

FrigginNoodles Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Hey guys,

So today my abs light came on in my 07 silverado classic ext cab 4wd. After this light appeared, I could hear the abs kicking on while I was driving straight with my foot on the gas pedal. The light flickered on for a few seconds, then off for a second, then on for a minute, and off for a second again. Also the noise of the abs working was spiratic too. About one month ago I had my front drivers side wheel bearing ( I think this is the right name) with the abs censor go. This was replaced with a new one by a local dealership and my brakes have seemed kind of funny ever since. I purchased my vehicle from a Toyota Dealership, so when the wheel bearing went I had to bring it there because I was still under their warranty. I don't know if my warranty is up or not, I know it is close, leaning towards it not being valid. Do you think that they may have installed the part incorrectly? Should I go to the dealership and have them look over the abs parts and tell them it seems like it may be their fault? Is there something I can inspect myself to figure out what is causing this to happen. I will run the codes for the abs light and let you guys know what it is asap. I had this problem with my 1998 Chevy 1500 single cab and it turned out to be the front wheel bearing with the abs censor, the same part I had replaced on this one before it started acting up. Any help is greatly greatly appreciated. You guys are awesome, thanks.

*Edit- Just got the code it is: P0455 I think this is the code from my "tighten gas cap" message, but don't know why it showed up seeing how my CEL is not on right now. Anyways any input is appreciated

Last edited: Feb 18, 2011
  2. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

regardless of the warranty that was with the vehicle at purchase time of the dealership did the work they have to honor it as it would be there fault if something went wrong. Now thats what would happen in a normal world, either way I would start with the dealership. Make sure you CLEARLY state that it was replaced under warranty from when you bought it too.