1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Abs Problem

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by nw3dogs, Jul 7, 2012.

1. nw3dogs

nw3dogs New Member

I have an 05 Tahoe Z71. The problem im having is when im coming to a stop, the abs engages. doesnt do it all the time just randomly, when applying the brakes, not standing on them. Turned the rotors, pads are decent so it shouldnt be them. Changing the hub assy, a few years back, not sure if that is the problem since the sensor is in them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. MTM

MTM New Member 100 Posts

Had a similar problem it was the sensor
  3. nw3dogs

nw3dogs New Member

were you able to change just the sensor, or did you have to replace the hub assy?
  4. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker New Member 100 Posts

5. BillD64

BillD64 New Member

On the earlier model light trucks GM had a corrosion problem where the ABS sensor plugged into the hub. That spot would get rusty and would affect the ABS. There was a recall on the issue. My 03 wasn't involved in the recall but had the same corrosion issue. Since I have stability and traction control Vs just ABS the first thing that starts acting up is the traction control. I will be accelerating away from a traffic light and the Tahoe will suddenly slow down like the brakes are on (they are) and if I lift off the gas pedal TC will shut off and let the truck keep up with traffic. The first time it happened it was covered under warranty but it does seem to happen every two to three years and I have the dealership clean the place where the sensors plug in and the problem goes away.

Don't know if this issue was resolved by the time the 05's hit the market but it might be worth checking out.

Bill
  6. MTM

MTM New Member 100 Posts

just the sensor
  7. nw3dogs

nw3dogs New Member

taking a look at it today, hopefully it is just the sensor. thanks for everyone's input.