ABS sensor resistance

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Pikey, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Does anyone know what the resistance should be for a ABS sensor on a 2006 Pontiac Torrent AWD? I have a friend who's torrent keeps activating the abs every time she stops. She took it to the local high school shop and they could not figure it out so they pulled the ABS fuse. I am thinking that it has a bad abs sensor. But, I don't have a expensive scan tool that I can monitor the speeds at each wheel while driving. So, I have to revert to just checking them by reading their resistance. When the fuse is replaced there is no abs light on, so no codes to read. I would like to get this thing fixed for her. Any suggestions or info that can be passed along to me would be great. Thank you in advance for your replies.

2. Pikey

I know someone here has access to alldata or something like that and can help me out.

3. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

You don't need all data to get the resistance, unplug the abs sensor first. On the computer side of the harness, take a 1,000 ohm resistor and jump it across the two wires. If the light goes out then you have the resistance, if not try another resistor.

4. Pikey

good point. I could just "reverse engineer" until I find the correct one. Although it would be faster if someone just told me the spec. :neutral: