Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Abs Warning Light

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by ejamin73, Aug 15, 2007.

1. ejamin73

ejamin73 New Member

Hi.I have a '03 tahoe z-71 with about 90k miles.
    The ABS light is coming on & off specially after 40-50 MPH.Also the A/C blower only works when is set in # 5.Any info?
    I'm new in the site.Any help will be apreciated

2. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

It's possibly a faulty sensor. I would suggest that if you don't have the tools to diagnose the problem (scanner) you should have it serviced soon. ABS light doesn't always mean that it won't work when you need it to, it also means it could activate when not needed.
    If you're on the highway coming up fast on grid-lock, you certainly don't want that ABS kicking in if it's not needed.

3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

What, you don't recommend that someone just put tape over the ABS light so they don't see it? :rofl:

4. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Patrick...Give him "The speech"! Don't let him get away with this.

5. ejamin73

ejamin73 New Member

Hey, I found the problem.
    It was the driver's side front ball bearing.I replace it & problem solved.It turn out that the ball bearing, spindle, ABS sensor, wheel hub, & all that stuff come as a one piece.If the ball bearing fails,it will make a sound like grinding metal & the ABS light will get a wrong signal.Maybe this will help someone with the same problem.

6. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

That's great news that you got it worked out.:great:
    Makes sense with the speed factor.
    Must have cost a fortune to replace that hub unit though.

You're a funny guy Steve, I missed that post lol:rules:

I actually used to ignore the ABS light, until it kicked in one time on dry pavement going 35mph, on a gentle stop. I don't mess around with those lights anymore. If it comes on, then it means the vehicle I put my family in is not safe.