1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

ABS what's up

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by bassalive, Dec 12, 2008.

Random Gallery Photos

1. bassalive

bassalive New Member 100 Posts

I don't know but does anybody else dislike abs brakes because of the pulsing and jolty stops at low speed or is there something wrong with my Tahoe?:neutral:
  2. SoonerSilverado11

SoonerSilverado11 New Member 100 Posts

Hmm, I haven't had any problems or dislikes.
  3. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I've never been a fan of ABS. In fact, it was the reason I wrecked my first car and the reason my best friend wrecked his sister's car. Both of us stomped on the brakes, and had the tires locked, we would have skidded to a stop in time. Instead, ABS unlocked the brakes and kept the vehicle rolling into a pickup and a ditch respectively.
  4. vncj96

vncj96 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

ABS works fine but only on dry roads, when they get covered with snow and ice they suck, would much rather have normal during winter
  5. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I almost lost it last year because of abs. The engaged on dry pavement going down a steep hill and i couldn't stop for the stop sign. I ended up flying through it and making a really tight corner some how. Luckily no cars were coming. As soon as a got to school i popped the hood and disconnected the module.
  6. bassalive

yeah I guess i'm not alone. I almost trashed a pop cooler at a local watering hole. I stopped about an inch from it!. I would like to know who had the intestinal fortitude to declare this a safety feature. Is there anyway to disarm this wonderful feature or am I gonna have to tell a deer or worse that I didn't compensate enough? or pump the pedal.
  7. bassalive

By the way my truck is a 99 Tahoe with a 5.7 where is the module?
  8. JMoney02

JMoney02 New Member 100 Posts

Look down by the frame on same side as the master cylinder, with all the brake lines you know. Remove the plug to it. The fuse should be pulled as well....

Jeff
  9. tlperry68

tlperry68 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I only feel pulsating at hard stops. Not durring normal driving I'd get that looked at.
  10. alfresco2

alfresco2 New Member

I must be all alone. I like the ABS. It allows me to stop straight as an arrow in slippery snow.