1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ac/heater not working

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Justice17, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Justice17

Justice17 New Member

Hey what's up guys/ladies, I am here with my issue of the week lol my heater/ac isn't working all that well and I have no idea why. It seems to start blowing once the truck warms up but still not very heavily, like almost non-existant. Anyone know why? I thought maybe the AC just needed to be recharged but as far as I know that wouldn't affect the heater. Help please!!!!!!!! Oh and it's a 05 Silverado with the 5.3. Worked fine when I bought it.
  2. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

It could be your in-cab air filter is plugged up but I'm no genius but thats where I would look.
  3. Justice17

Justice17 New Member

where is that?
  4. rileyjr16

Under the glove box. I'll see if I can't find a picture
  5. rileyjr16

cockpit.jpg

Since I'm not good with photoshopping and computers in general, its under the glove box right where that black 3 pronged looking piece is.
  6. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

It's a 05 he does not have one... Does it work at high speed , Like the last 2 clicks on the fan control?
  7. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Chances are that the resistor for the fan is bad. My 02 did the same thing. No lower fan speeds only high. Depending on the controls you have they can range from $30 to $100. Pretty easy to change out also.
  8. UpsetProps

UpsetProps Member 2 Years 100 Posts

I know the 07's had a recall on either the blower motor itself or its control module. If you bought it brand new and it had the recall you should have received something in the mail about 1.5years ago. (That's when I got the notice for my 07).

If you bought it used perhaps just call a dealership and ask if there was a recall on that model year.
  9. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Thats what I was thinking too.. Changed mine in my o2 also.. Easy fix And If I remember the part was cheap about $30.00
  10. Justice17

Justice17 New Member

To answer your guys' questions no it doesn't blow more at higher speeds, I've got it set on full blast and I barely have anything coming out the vents. I sort of think it's the blower, I can hear a bit of a whining/ groaning noise when I turn the air off then back on again.