Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

AC/ Heater

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by jrstroh_96, Sep 29, 2009.

1. jrstroh_96

jrstroh_96 New Member

I bought this 04 Silverado Z71 Crew Cab. 3 months ago. Everything was good i was running around and it started to rain and the window started to fog up. So i turned heater on defrost. Now i cant get it off defrost. I can run both heater and defrost but only in defrost mode. I changged out the control unit . But nothing! I also bought a delta series flowmaster catback exhaust. I started hearing the engine reving up and down when i was in overdrive. The tach aint moving with the sound.It almost sounds like i have a stick in it and I'm in too high of gear for that rpm. Did some Googling found there was problems with both tranny and tachs in these trucks. So i took it to a local trans guy. He took it for a run and then smelled and felted the tranny fluid . He told me that since the truck came with 265 and i have 285's on it. either i do 1 of 2 things have gm reset pc for new tire size or go back to stock. If anyone can help me with my 2 lil problems. It would save my brains a lil stress. Thank you
  2. redneckarmyMP

redneckarmyMP Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

ive ahd a smilar problem with my defrost..its done it a few times..its happened a few times.it took a few tries to get it to switch back but it finally does every time..not sure what causes it yet
  3. sc99z71

sc99z71 Rockstar 100 Posts

I had the same tranny problem that you have except I didn't know what it was until it got worse and would go in and out of Overdrive. With it sometimes going out of OD and not going back in, and if I drove like that for a while I would get a really hard 1-2 shift. What is happening is your Tourque Converter is not fully locking up in OD and the 4L60E is designed to slip to a certain degree. They want to make it smooth instead of shift like a truck. I also have 285 tires. My solution was the TransGo shift kit SK4L60E put in by the local trusted tranny shop who said this is a common problem for these trannys. My buddy at work is having the same issue and is about to take it to the shop.