1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

ac problems no air blowing

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by ridinrob, Jul 2, 2013.

1. ridinrob

ridinrob New Member

So its now 102 degrees here in boise area and i have no air blowing in the front of my 99 suburban, but the back blows like normal just hot air not cold so im assuming it needs to be recharged or add some 134 to it. I thought it was a blower motor and replaced it and still no air. So next thing i found online is ac clutch, and it is not spinning when i turn the ac on so i checked the volts and it had around 14-14.5. What should i check next or should i get a new clutch? Any advice would be greatly apreciated
  2. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

You have at least two problems. A problem with the front blower; and, a problem with the compressor.

The front blower motor problem is likely the speed control module, or a burnt wire at the speed control module. The module is mounted at the blower motor.

The compressor could be a clutch problem, it could be a leak, it could be a low pressure switch problem.

The first thing you need to do is have the pressure checked.
  3. ridinrob

ridinrob New Member

i dont know what i did exactly but the front blower was blowing when i drove the truck this morning so hopefully it will stay that way lol. I will get the pressure checked i just got the freon filled or whatever itis they do for that they do last year in august i believe at goodyear, then the car st once i got moved from new york to idaho the car sat for 3-4 months would that make it lose pressure? Also i noticed the compressor clutch definitly isnt turning over, i can spin it with the truck off but when its running it wont turn. I guess tommorrow ill get the pressure checked to start. Thanks for the reply and the help.

Rob
  4. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Rob, if you needed to add R134 last year, there is a leak. It has probably leaked out again. The compressor won't engage when the pressure is low. Add a can of "stuff" will/may fix it for awhile, but it will leak out again. The trucks with the rear HVAC (like yours) are known to have leaks in the lines going to the rear unit. Have the shop look there for the problem.