1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

AC question: stuck heater flap?

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by Gryphon, Feb 28, 2010.

1. Gryphon

Gryphon Rockstar 100 Posts

I think I have my answer, but I don't know how to fix it or where to look:

My front ac blows whatever the outside temp is, the rear is fine. I refilled the system and plugged a leaky schraeder valve with a short bolt and Teflon tape instead of the plastic cap...no mo leak. (it will get fixed right, but it works fine for now!).

When I'm driving with the blower off, I can feel the breeze from under the dash. Most noticeable on those really cold mornings ( as cold as so cal gets anyways). In the summer, I just get the outside heat rolling in.

Where is the outside vent valve located on a 99 Burban? I've looked and found nothing and my Haynes manual...well, it's a Haynes manual.

Thanks!
  2. ZSI52

ZSI52 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

My truck does this. From what Im told its the Temp door actuator. I guess some solder on the board becomes loose and causes a poor connection so the door stops moving.
  3. Gryphon

Gryphon Rockstar 100 Posts

Cool and not cool...if it's just a bad connection on a board, I can fix that easy...I've soldered plenty of circuit boards when I built silicon wafer processing machines.

Does anyone know where this board is located?