1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Acadia HVAC control button repair.

Discussion in 'Chevy Traverse Forum (GMC Acadia, Buick Enclave)' started by adampaul1964, Oct 2, 2013.

1. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Don't know if this has been posted anywhere but I just wanted to share this for those of us with worn, chipped control buttons. I found a set of overlays to cover up the original buttons. Don't know how long they'll last but they are a definite improvement over what they were, and a sight cheaper than replacing the whole unit!

[​IMG]

Original

[​IMG]

Overlays

[​IMG]

Prep

[​IMG]

Repaired

[​IMG]

Nighttime

They only thing I'm not happy about is the instructions said to scrape of the center of the button, which I did, but I didn't need to remove so much of it since the backlighting shows through more than I'd like.

Here's the link:
    http://controlbuttonrenu.com/

2. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker Member 2 Years 500 Posts

That's an awesome product!

As far as scraping off the old stuff already goes... I'm assuming these were pretty cheap right? (I haven't looked) You could just order another set, tear off the ones you previously installed, but before you put the new overlay on, try using a sharpie on the areas that are bleeding through?

3. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Cool product! Especially for your application, I am sure that those switches would cost you more than $45. I did look at the site. They have button covers for my radio for $45. I would not buy them considering that I can buy a set of new buttons for $50.