1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Acceleration shudder through cab

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by alkaspeltzar, Feb 14, 2011.

1. alkaspeltzar

alkaspeltzar Member

Hey Guys, can anyone tell me if this is normal:

Got a 2010 silverado 5.3/ 6 speed 3.08 rearend.

When accelerating from 20-40, heavier foot, you can feel almost a shudder through the cab, nothing bad, but noticable.

Is this normal? Vibration and lugging felt through the cab created by the engine?

Or is this something worse, like drive shaft u-joint going to heck? If so, how can I tell the difference? Maybe someone can drive thier truck and see the same?

Thanks in advance
  2. randomsandwhich

randomsandwhich Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

Wouldn't say its normal. Shouldn't vibrate or shudder, at any throttle position. Unless maybe rear wheels lose traction and grip again. Sounds like something with the power train, I would assume the drive shaft. Any service lights on? If not sounds like a drive-shaft issue and would take to dealership to take a look. Should still be under power train warranty unless you have over 100,000 miles.