Accessory Opinions

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Jeremy09LTZCrew, Apr 13, 2012.

1. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

+1 more on this one...

2. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Thanks, I think that's what I've planned. And alox, that's what it looks like I'll end up doing. I have a few items I'm 100% sure about. The rest I'm anywhere from "kind of sure" to "95+% but open to others". I've already updated my list in my sig about 4 times since I made it. I've simply never been a patient person. That being said, I do at least know that if I have to wait until I get back, the truck will go through a quick transformation. As of now, I agree, I want to try the outline with a black bowtie on the front. I think it'll be really unique and the white outline will still make it stand out. The debadging is also going to happen as it will be one of the first things I do when I get back. I still have to decide if I'm going to remove the mouldings, but I'm leaning toward yes.

I think the handles and mirrors are going to be one of my challenges. I can find gloss black mirror covers and I can't find chrome handles all over the place. I don't wnat chrome though. I have chrome. And I don't wnat gloss black. Ideally I'd like it to match the other black which will be powdercoated and matte. I also forgot to mention, I'm planning to put black fender flares on when it gets lifted so that will add to the profile as well and I don't want 2 or 3 versions of different blacks.

As always, I appreciate your inputs. What you guys said is what I wsa leaning toward, but it's good to get opinions from other enthusiasts so I know I'm not just getting ahead of myself.

3. Fonze

Fonze Member

Color match the Handles and mirror caps.
    Black out the Bow ties bro.

Also, I seen in your other thread, de-mold/badge the truck. It looks super clean. My brother-in-law has a 2011 GMC Sierra Z71 4x4 SLT (I'm SUPER jealous!). It's silver with color matched handles/mirror covers w/ limo tint, de-molded and de-badged and man does it look sexy. AND he doesn't even have any rims on it! :O

I think if you de-badge/de-mold, color match handles/mirror caps and black out bow ties (as well as tint and cleared headlights), your truck will be absolutely amazing bro.

Good luck with the mods!

4. AutoAnything

AutoAnything Member 2 Years 100 Posts

x3^ .............

5. dadngt

dadngt Rockstar 100 Posts

I did black bow ties with red outline. The front was easier than the rear for me. So I ditched the rear emblem. For the front maskings not that hard because the bowtie has an outline you can use. I would most likely shoot the white first then wait a loooong time to mask that off (long waiting time because the paint may peel when pulling tape) then shoot the black because black will cover the white overspray better than white covering black over spray. Can't wait to see a white truck with a black grill shell (like my old 89 Sport)

billetgrille.JPG