1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

accident last nite

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by freddie, Oct 19, 2012.

Random Gallery Photos

1. freddie

freddie New Member 100 Posts

I was on my way to work last nite when i can around a curve to hit a downed power line that was knocked down by another person that flipped and rolled their car just minutes before i came through. Lucky the person was ok. Just banged up and was taken away in the ambulance just as a precaution. I had turned back around to warn on coming traffic with my flashers on in the middle of the road. Thats when i noticed my drivers side mirror was shattered and i saw i had big smudges from the power line hitting the windshield. I hung around to get my incident report for my insurance. I had heard about there being a fluid in those mirrors that could ruin paint and plastic. I didnt see anything leaking so i took off to work. When i got off i inspected for futher damage and saw that stuff had sprayed all down the side of my truck ....paint, window, cladding. I took it straight to my body shop. And he insisted i take it to a local guy that does detailing and have him start work on it now. I am so glad i did it saved my paint and my cladding. Here i was worried about my truck when my friends and family informs me that i could have gotten killed by the power lines last nite. Thank God he was taking care of me to let me come back home safe to my family!

I wanted to inform others that have auto dimming mirror if uyou have one to break remove it as soon as possible before and dont drive like i did qith it busted because you dont see it leaking.
    thanks
    God bless!
  2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

That's lame that your truck was harmed but I'm glad no one was hurt.
  3. 87silver

87silver New Member

Thank God that the people involved are okay.

Sincere thanks for the tip about the monochromatic mirrors. My wife has them on her Bravada. It's in pristine condition and we wouldn't want something like a broken mirror to ruin the finish.