Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Active Fuel Management with exhaust modifications

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Fan45acp, Apr 3, 2010.

1. Fan45acp

Fan45acp Member

I added a Gibson cat-back exhaust system to my 2009 Silverado.When the AFM switches back and forth from V8-V4 it makes a "Jake-Brake" type noise thru the exhaust.I want to find out is there any way to tune the Active Fuel Management out.Thanks......J.H.

2. TomsHHR

TomsHHR Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

I did a Trifecta Performance Tune, The AFM was made more aggressive for more mileage. So yes it could be set for less aggressive.

I am not sure if that can be done with some of the other tuners.

3. BigBlueLB756

BigBlueLB756 Rockstar 100 Posts

I've got a Gibson SuperTruck system on my GMC, so I know exactly what you're talking about! JennaBear and Black Bear Tuning can fix you right up with what you want to do.