Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Active fuel management

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by alabamaxrebel, May 15, 2011.

1. alabamaxrebel

alabamaxrebel Rockstar 100 Posts

Hey guys, I've done a bit of searching but haven't found what I'm looking for. I've read on other forums here people have had a problem with the truck surging under hard braking. Well I've never really had a problem with this on my truck until the past few months. And yesterday it almost got me killed. I went to brake because a car pulled out in front of me and I had no brakes at all at first. I looked down at my RPM's and they were up around 1500 and it wouldn't drop down and when they did then the truck stopped but it was probably one of the scariest experiences of my life. One of my friends was in the truck and even noticed it felt like we were being pushed forward. Has anybody ever had this problem on here? Have you taken it to the dealership about it? I'm going to the dealer tomorrow because I want the V4 mode gone because I believe that's what's causing it!

Please help!

2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Most likely the dealer can't/won't turn off the DOD. You can turn off yourself with a Diablo Preditor/Trinity programmer. If you take your truck back for service just turn it back on.