1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

active fuel managment

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by black03silverado, Jun 23, 2009.

1. black03silverado

black03silverado Rockstar

Does anyone know if the active fuel management can be shut off on my 08 silverado 5.3L?

2. nickgiacalone

nickgiacalone Rockstar 100 Posts

why would you want to shut it off? and no i do not know if you can shut it off lol

3. black03silverado

i have a magnaflow cat-back system on it and when it shuts off 4 cylinders it sounds sick

4. nickgiacalone

nickgiacalone Rockstar 100 Posts

makes sense, i do not know of any way to shut it off. I'm sure its something in the ECU (ECM) so hopefully someone on here that knows more about tuning could help you with a custom tune or handheld programmer that might de-activate the active fuel management. My truck however does not have active fuel management (I dont think any of the 2500's do)

5. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

There is an exhaust system out there that works with the active fuel management system. I dont remember the name of it, but you should be able to google it.

6. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

i think you can tune it off.

7. black03silverado

i have been told that the diablo sport "predator" programmer can shut it off, does anyone know for sure if this is true??

8. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

100% sure the Diablo has the feature to turn AFM aka DOD off. My buddy has the Gibson super truck cat back and had to buy a Diablo because of the tractor sound. I have heard the Corsa cat back is tuned for 4cyl and 8cyl but cost out the ass.

9. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

The Diablo DOES turn off afm or dod. You want part# U7194. If you go to DiabloSport.com and than to product and put in that part # it will show everything it can do.

10. black03silverado

i will check it out thanks guys!!!