1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

actuator stuck on heat/ Air not cooling on 2007 Chevy Silverado

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by heathaa0, Aug 21, 2010.

1. heathaa0

heathaa0 New Member

2007 Silverado 1500 5.3 (flexfuel) 35800 miles, air intermittantly not cooling/ blowing hot.

Diagnostic report says DTC B0413/symptom 5 - Temp control #1 CKT short to Batt or open.

I know the actuator needs to be replaced, but I was told that the control head needs to be reprogramed after replacing actuator. Can the B0413 code just be deleted or is the reprogram necessary? Also where can I find a diagram to show exactly where the actuator (driver side) is? Dealership said $801.12 to replace actuator and reprogram control head. They never could find the problem everytime I took it in (4 times since july 2009). Then, just when my warranty ran out then they magically got a code, so I refuse to let them fix it.

Also what is "symptom 5"
    Any information would be greatly appreciated.
    Also, if i posted this in the wrong section, I apoligize. I searched for a post like this and couldn'f find one.
    Thanks,
    Heath