1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Adapt Bose head unit/ XM with 3.5 mm input jack for Android Phone

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by hd2dwg, Dec 29, 2012.

1. hd2dwg

hd2dwg New Member

I have a 2005 Sierra HD with Bose head unit and XM radio. I cancelled my SiriusXM subscription because I have Pandora (free) & TuneIn Radio (free) on my android phone and can input into any of my vehicles except the Sierra.

My question is there a way I can utilize the XM radio input to adapt a 3.5 mm input jack for plugging android phone into, disabling the XM portion and maintain all other features including steering wheel buttons?

Thanks,

Don

2. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member 1000 Posts

to be honest I cant answer your specific question. But what I did in my truck (cd and tape factory) with no aux jack is buy one of the MP3 cassette adapters. They still sell them at most places and you slide the tape in and plug the jack into your phone.

Like I said doesnt answer your specific question but its an option (if you have a tape deck) until someone else might be able to answer it.