1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Add Oil Light??

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by mylilho, Aug 10, 2009.

1. mylilho

mylilho New Member

Hi Gang, New to this forum and had a question to ask. My 07 Tahoe keeps poppin up with a message saying to add engine oil, it happened atleast 10 times now, now the kicker of it all is that the dipstick says im full, and yes i know how to check it. Anybody out there that could give me a suggestion as to why it keeps on doin this? Thanx Mike
  2. Darknesss23

Darknesss23 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

maybe some kind of short... take it to the dealer?
  3. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site! Have you "reset" the "Oil Life Monitor"? It may keep coming on because it has not been reset. To reset it: turn the ignition key to "on" (don't start engine); press down the accelerator pedal 3 times; turn the key "off"; start up the vehicle and the light should blink on then go off. It may be that your oil shows full, but it is time to change it. If you have recently changed the oil and the light was not reset, that may be the cause. Good luck!
  4. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

bring it to the dealer, sounds like the the oil level sending unit may be bad
  5. daddytech

daddytech Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

just off the top of my head i am thinking there is supposed to be some kind of sensor that determines if the oil is at the proper levels or not. or it could also just be that the guage is going bad some how too
  6. daddytech

daddytech Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

so what did you find out about this ??? share your info man people can probably benefit from stuff like this.