1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Added Airaid MIT.

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by stchman, Dec 13, 2012.

1. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

After an ordeal with 4 Wheel Online I got all the parts. It went on pretty easy. I will let everyone know more if I get improved throttle response.

20121213_213836.jpg
  2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I had an issue with them also. I complained enough and they ended up giving me free next day shipping on my next order. I said "ok, in that case I will order me procomp traction bars and duel shock kit now", The representative was not happy. It had to cost them more than $100 in shipping costs. Let us know about the throttle response. It looks streamlined and clean.
  3. stchman

The tube with all the resonators was one big piece of ugly plastic. The MIT looks much nicer.
  4. sierra11

sierra11 Rockstar 100 Posts

I've had mine on now for about 2 months and like it alot. Performance wise maybe alittle more hp/torque and mileage went up some. I also paired it with a k&n filter and a tune from blackbear. These three upgrades were well worth the money.
  5. stchman

I have the K&N filter and a Hypertech tune. I also got rid of the water heater sized muffler and put something less restrictive with more sound.
  6. sierra11

sierra11 Rockstar 100 Posts

I've thought about upgrading to a new exhaust but haven't had the money. What muffler did you go with.
  7. stchman

The Airaid MIT gave a little better throttle response and at WOT, it sounds much better.

- - - Updated - - -

I went with a Flowsound which is a Flowmaster 40 clone. It sounds really nice and only cost me $210 out the door. The muffler shop simply cut the old HUGE muffler out and put the new one in. My LTZ had the chrome exhaust tip so I did not want to lose that (I paid for it).
  8. barefoot greg

barefoot greg Rockstar 100 Posts

nice mod, it looks sharp under the hood.

I've arready got the K&N Filter and an AirAid Throttle Body Spacer, seeing how clean looking that is I will deffinately be adding that to my next mod list!
  9. stchman

Many have said here on the forum that a throttle body spacer does nothing for a modern intake. Have you found that it does help you?