1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Added Rear Lift Blocks.

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by adampaul1964, Feb 24, 2010.

1. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Active Member 1000 Posts

Nothing fancy or dramatic, but I added a three inch lift block to the rear today. Two hours work and now the truck doesn't have the slight squat that it had after I put the keys in. The difference is subtle but I think it looks better and I guess that's all that matters!:lol:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. crossleysierra

crossleysierra New Member

nice lookin rig what is your opinion on the lift keys ? i own 2000 sierra k1500 was thinkin bought doin the same thing but i've heard lot of good and bad bout them . ride qaulity ect...
  3. adampaul1964

I installed my new keys almost a year ago (March '09) and so far I'm very happy with the results, the ride quality is a little firmer but hardly any real difference. Mechanically, it's been about 20,000 miles (I have 80,000 on the truck now) so who knows? I'll just have to wait and see!
  4. Kyles03

Kyles03 New Member

Looks good.

I need new keys...bad!!
  5. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

As always Adam,Your truck look's Great!!.....:great:
  6. adampaul1964

Thanks Mike, I think it looks kinda sad with the winter wheels and tires on, another six weeks or so and I can break out the summer treads from the basement!
  7. ajfdirtrider

ajfdirtrider New Member

Looks good basically same kit i have. Nice job!
  8. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Just a recomendation if you havent already trimmed off the U bolts you might want to, you'd be surprised what all they'll catch on.
    1 person likes this.
  9. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

X2-that's funny you said that because I was thinking the same thing.

Adampaul you must have had some serious squatting problems, because your truck doesn't look unbalanced now at all. I must say that it looks naked without the nice wheels, and those fire engine red calipers you have. Keep up the fantastic work...............amy
  10. nickpatton_189

nickpatton_189 New Member

are your keys maxed all the way up? i have a2inch leveling kit from rough country and i was wanting to tighten my keys more and put a 3 inch block in the ba, but i was just wondering if your keys were all maxed out or not, i just did mine to where the factory keys were at, and it leveled it well just now i wanna go with the blocks in the back