Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Adding a middle front seat to a Suburban

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by jbeall, Feb 22, 2009.

1. jbeall

jbeall Rockstar 100 Posts

Hi All,

We're looking for a Suburban/Yukon XL, and we really like the 9 passenger configuration. We came across a good deal on a 2003 Yukon XL, but it's an 8 passenger (two front, three middle, three rear).

We're wondering about just buying this one and replacing the center console in the front with a middle seat. I was curious if anybody here has tried that, or has thoughts on that? I found these after-market seats:

http://www.discountvantruck.com/cent...nsoleseats.htm

Think this would work?

-Josh

Last edited: Feb 22, 2009
  2. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy ↑↑↑ Has no life Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Sounds like you might want to find a bench seat to replace the two captains chairs up in the front row. I'm sure you can find someone who doesn't want the bench and wants the captains chairs.

3. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

i am really not sure that a bench was offered after the redisgn in 01 but i could be wrong

4. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Even if the bench wasn't offered on the suburban, it was available in the trucks. I would get a center jumpseat out ofa 2000-2006 tahoe/yukon or 1999-2006 silverado/sierra. If you look around enough - check ebay and scrapyards, you should be able to find a good deal on one in good condition.

5. jbeall

6. ct9a

ct9a Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Those center seats are pretty cool, but expensive. I would go with trying to find a used stock replacement like everyone else suggested, it would probably be cheaper.

7. Kraziken

Kraziken Rockstar 100 Posts

8. jbeall

I would be interested, let me know how it works out.

At any rate, what it's sounding like is that people don't think adding the center seat will an issue, and that it should work no problem? Is that right?

-Josh

9. Kraziken

Kraziken Rockstar 100 Posts

I'm pretty sure this will bolt right up in your Burb.

I took a chance, since the auction said '98-'06. I was pretty sure the bolt locations aren't right, but figure I could make it work. The pictures are deceiving though. In person this seat is much wider than what it looked like online.

I haven't had a chance to take off my seats to see if I can wedge them in place, but I was leaning toward taking it to a shop to see if they can modify it to get it to work. I like this seat because it has a storage bin still, while the aftermarket ones I've seen are just a seat and a couple of cup holders.

10. jbeall

Tried to respond to your private message...

I tried to respond to your private message on this, but the system said that I couldn't send private messages to anyone but Steve until after I've made 10 more posts. So I sent it to Steve and asked him to forward it to you.

Short answer is that we're not in a hurry, just let us know how things go at the shop if you take it in to see if they can make it work.

Thanks!

-Josh