1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

adding a sub to a bose in 2004 silverado

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by blackcloud69, Dec 6, 2009.

1. blackcloud69

blackcloud69 New Member

I like the overall sound of my Bose for a factory system, but lacks bass. I want to add a sub enclosure, hopefully one with amp built in. Crutchfield said Infinity Basslink is good choice, fit under or behind rear seat (I have crewcab). They said most likely need to use my rear speaker wire input. Was more vague then I hoped. I am unsure of the bose, is there an external amp? Is there amplied speakers themselves? Is the amp in the head unit? Do I wire from behind the head unit, if so what wires or take rear doors apart to see the colors and hope they go all the way up, or do I cut in wires by door opening?

Anyone done this? If so what sub? Did it help enough to justify? Where did you mount and wire it and how was the fit? Thanks guys
  2. jackson54_05

jackson54_05 New Member

what kind of box do you have? and could i get the dimensions for it
  3. chevyrocker

chevyrocker New Member

i have the same issue! i wired my amp through my drivers side rear door speaker with an rca output for the amp. it works but it hums and pops when i brake or do something electrical. if anyone knows what i can do that would great!
  4. ZSI52

ZSI52 New Member

What year is the truck? Do you have a center console?
  5. Stealth

Stealth New Member 1000 Posts

I'm guessing that you ran the power cable with the speaker cable? I heard that it would do that and i ran mine down opposite sides and have had zero problems.
  6. chevyrocker

chevyrocker New Member

i did run it down the side that my speaker wires are on cuz the battery is on that side too. my cable was only so long so i went with it. i figured it had something to do with the bose stock radio. by the way bose blows!
  7. sstoner911

sstoner911 New Member 1000 Posts

You either need a better ground or you need to relocate the power wire. They have filters you can add if neither option works and you still get engine noise.

If you are going to invest in a amp and a sub....spend another 200 bucks and get an after market deck with rca outputs and set it up right.
  8. sstoner911

sstoner911 New Member 1000 Posts

The sub and amp is your choice and what you want to spend. The stock deck will not have rca outputs for an amp so you will need a line output converter to run the sub. This is not the "cleanest" method and an you can offten get engine noise you cant get rid of....so as i suggested before, do it right and get an aftermarket deck with RCA outputs.
  9. chevyrocker

chevyrocker New Member

im thinkin of geting a deck. my work sells a harness for the bose system for after market decks. its lookin to be about $100 bucks for it tho.
  10. ZSI52

ZSI52 New Member

You can find that harness a lot cheaper on the Internet.