1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Adding another battery

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by Kickerking817, Aug 17, 2009.

Random Gallery Photos

1. Kickerking817

Kickerking817 New Member

I have a 2004 chevy tahoe with stock battey and stock alternator. My tahoe has a in dash DVD player and I have 3 12 inch kicker L5's I was wanting to upgrade my amp and get a couple kicker amps so that my subs will actually get pushed because the amp I have now is just not doing it. When I do add the 2 amps I am afraid it's going to suck all the juice out of my battery when I play it. So I don't know if I should just add another battery or if I have to upgrade the alternator first so it can charge 2 batteries without a problem. Just let me know what you think, any input will help, Thanks.
  2. Kaiser-Wave

Kaiser-Wave New Member

Here's wut i would do, have an alternator shop rewind that alternator to about 200 amps (it can be done) it should cost you around 200 and then go online and purchase the Kinetik HC 1800 battery, you will be fine thats pretty much all i did and you can see wut i have in my truck if you look at my pics on here its waaaaay more than you will be adding and everything is fine ;-) and if you want you can add a second kinetik on the passenger side near the firewall but its more money and alot of work....
  3. Kickerking817

Kickerking817 New Member

Thanks for the help. What amp or amps should I get to push the three kicker L5's? If I did get the alternator rewound and added a battery do you think everything would be good enough to add 2 or 3 more subs?
  4. Kaiser-Wave

Kaiser-Wave New Member

Yes if u added for 12's it would be fine I have ten 12's in my cab and it's fine