Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Adding factory sub [Expired Topic]

Discussion in 'Chevy Equinox Forum (GMC Terrain)' started by jlenko, Apr 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jlenko

jlenko New Member

My wife's 07 Equinox didn't come with the 7-speaker system... so I'd like to add the factory sub, at least the factory enclosure so it looks stock, and the dog probably won't destroy it.. aside from thieves looking in and stealing it...

How is it attached? Is it part of the rear quarter panel? So I would have to replace the whole plastic panel, or is it a separate piece? I can honestly say I've never seen one in person, and no one seems to take pictures of it... so I don't even know what it looks like.

All I know is the Husky floor mat we bought has a cut-out for it... so once I install it, I can trim the mat a bit to make it fit.

And then... there's the wiring! I know most GM's don't come pre-wired for anything these days... so what wiring would I need to add? Is it fed from an amplifier somewhere that I don't have? I have no problem adding this stuff... just need to know where it is.

2. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

This is a question I would take to your dealer, or possibly a local audio shop

3. jlenko

jlenko New Member

Pfft... the dealer? They're going to tell me it's impossible... just like they told me shoe-horning an L67 into a Cavalier was impossible... :) Proved 'em wrong tho!!

I'll probably try and find one at a wrecker and take it from there...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.