Adding Fog lights to GMT400

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by thegawd, Feb 24, 2017.

1. thegawd

thegawd Rockstar 2 Years 1000 Posts

Well my wife has taken off with my truck... I really need to get her car fixed, it just hasnt been the warmest out the last week or so. anyways I picked up the wiring harness and I am very pleased with it. It seems to be built out of high quality wires and parts but its all crimped together and so I will be soldering all the crimps before I install the lights. I have already figured out where Im mounting the lights and where I will be running the wires. I found a convenient hole in the firewall from where the trailer brake controller wires were ran and sealed up with silicone, and there will be enough space to rerun the brake controller wires through when I get to it.

Heres the Ebay.ca link, http://www.ebay.ca/itm/322431233483

Heres some pics of the harness.

Screenshot_2017-03-17-13-19-17.png Screenshot_2017-03-17-13-22-55.png

Attached Files:

2. thegawd

I havent done the fog lights yet it snowed like crazy all yesterday afternoon, all night n still snowing right now. But the temp is right around freezing so its just melting. Another good reason for the fog lights.... well we have to head out here soon so I'll hopefully get to them when we get back. Gotta get some heat shrink tubes anyways, do it once n do it right.

But I just bought 4 of these bulbs for my reverse lights, 2 for the truck n 2 spares or maybe for the dump trailer, not sure. Let ya know how they are in 6 weeks or so when I get them.

Al

[​IMG]

http://m.ebay.ca/itm/2x-3157-LED-Ba...jector-Bulb-/151889397157?txnId=1537385565005

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017 at 9:48 AM
  3. thegawd

Ok so I have fog lights! I soldered, shrink wrapped and beefed up the harness. I routed the switch wire through the firewall, mounted the relay on the drivers side fender next to the fuse box. I made the positive connection on one of the aux posts on the fuse box, I was going to connect it to the positive connection on the fuse box that connects to the battery but the aux post was unused. I made the ground connection beside the relay. I followed the main lighting harness, strapping it down every 6" down to the lights and up behind the bumper to the fog lights. I used grommets in all the holes where the wire runs through metal. I made a rubber gasket from a black laundry hose to cover the slot on top of the fog lights, I suspect these are mounted upside down of there original configuration but the lenses are on right and it shoots light out pretty good. I used dielectric grease in all the connections.

Screenshot_2017-03-20-19-16-14.png

Attached Files:

kennythewelder likes this.