1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Adding more missing options?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Mayhem, Sep 5, 2010.

1. Mayhem

Mayhem New Member

I installed the DIC mod (thanks guys!) in my 2010 Silverado and was wondering what else I might be able to put in.

I have the passive theft deterrent system, so no alarm. I do, however, have the light in the dash. I was wondering if anyone was in my situation and was able to either install an after-market alarm and tap into that light or install the OEM parts that are missing.

Thanks.
  2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I believe the light that you are seeing is "security" right? that light actually should light up when you arm the system. Even with a passive system (keyless entry)
    Also im not 100% on this but i do believe that you can add in the steering wheel radio controls as well by getting the steering wheel with the controls, but i am not to sure if you need to change the radio or now.
  3. Mayhem

Mayhem New Member

Yep. The security light is what I'm referring to.

I called the service manager at the dealership where I bought it and talked to him about it. Unfortunately, it doesn't light up unless you have the alarm. :(

Thanks.

~Mike