Adding more missing options?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Mayhem, Sep 5, 2010.

1. Mayhem

Mayhem New Member

I installed the DIC mod (thanks guys!) in my 2010 Silverado and was wondering what else I might be able to put in.

I have the passive theft deterrent system, so no alarm. I do, however, have the light in the dash. I was wondering if anyone was in my situation and was able to either install an after-market alarm and tap into that light or install the OEM parts that are missing.

Thanks.

2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I believe the light that you are seeing is "security" right? that light actually should light up when you arm the system. Even with a passive system (keyless entry)
    Also im not 100% on this but i do believe that you can add in the steering wheel radio controls as well by getting the steering wheel with the controls, but i am not to sure if you need to change the radio or now.

3. Mayhem

Mayhem New Member

Yep. The security light is what I'm referring to.

I called the service manager at the dealership where I bought it and talked to him about it. Unfortunately, it doesn't light up unless you have the alarm. :(

Thanks.

~Mike