1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Adding OEM Remote Keyless Entry to 2014 Chevy Express Van

Discussion in 'Chevy Express Forum (GMC Savana)' started by ChevyFan, Dec 19, 2013.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Just had someone ask me how to add Remote Keyless Entry OEM to a van that didn't come with it.

I've got some people at my local Chevy dealer looking into this.
  2. thesavo

thesavo New Member

I can check the diagrams on autozone, I think it might be too new for them. No promises!
  3. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 1000 Posts

GM seems to make adding features very easy, or very difficult. For example, if a Silverado ('08 to '13) came without the DIC, adding the selector switch (and a new trim plate) provides the function. I guess, in this case, it was cheaper to use the DIC wiring harness for the low volume non-DIC trucks.

However, other features (and I think keyless entry in a van might be one) are more difficult. First of all, is the truck equipped with power door locks? If not, that is a major upgrade. Next question, does the van have tire pressure monitoring?

The more we can answer yes, the more equipment is already installed in the truck. For example, the same receiver is used for tire pressure monitoring and for remote door unlocking.
  4. thesavo

thesavo New Member

I know with a 2007 there RKE (Remote keyless entry) module is a tiny Radio Frequency (RF) module that connects to the high speed GM serial network. It has no other connections. I know with most newer Ford's, they need to Be enabled digitally, 2004 and up.

It's hard to tell, until someone does it.

If I could afford to the Evtm (electrical and vacuum tech manual) for ever new model, I would. I wish I knew someone at chevy dealer to ask how they do it when a customer orders it post production.
  5. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I think that the federal mandate states that all vehicle after 2007 must have TPMS. so, if that is the case and [MENTION=54249]RayVoy[/MENTION] is correct about them using the same receiver then it may be as simple as buying the proper remotes and programming them.
  6. thesavo

thesavo New Member

Last edited: Dec 23, 2013