Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

adding power seats and windows

Discussion in 'Detailing & Truck Care' started by galvin, Dec 3, 2011.

1. galvin

galvin New Member

hey all i just purchased an 02 silverado at auction it came with roll up windows and no power seats.i am looking to add both my question is, is it even possible to do and whats the best way to go about it. obviously i would have to completly put new seats in but what about doors for the windows? any input would be appreciated thanks. i guess im just not sure if the truck itself becuase its pretty much stock has the capability.

2. gear_head

gear_head Member

yes it is possible. I purchsed a kit from SoBe off of Ebay and it was a simple easy install. I thought about finding a donor truck and using all the factory pieces, but that was more of a pain than it was going to be worth. do a little searching around the web, lots of kits out there.

3. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

My boyfriend has an 04 colorado that was a total strip out, manual door locks and windows. He too bought the power window kit, power door lock kit and keyless entry and hooked it all up. He's had that ebay stuff in there for 7 years and had no problems with any of it. He originally bought all the GM door panels, and switches and was going to make it look like factory but we found out that the BCM would have to be swapped out for one that was capable to be flashed to read the OEM hardware so he sold it all on ebay and went all aftermarket.