1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

adding second battery on 95 c1500

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by 2wheelmudder, Jul 28, 2009.

Random Gallery Photos

1. 2wheelmudder

2wheelmudder New Member 100 Posts

i wanna know whats all involved in adding a second battery, what all i have to get with cables and such, and i don't believe there is a spot made for a second, i have a 95 c1500
  2. bill190

bill190 New Member 100 Posts

To add a second battery and have it be functional like a factory second battery, you would need to be a bit of an electrical engineer.

That being one battery is reserved for starting the vehicle and the other could be run down. But you would still be able to start the vehicle with the other battery, etc.

BUT if your vehicle had this option from the factory, then all you need to do is get the associated parts and install them. (The factory will have already done all the electrical engineering work for you!) But even so, you would need to know electricity/electronics quite well to properly install this. And you would need a GM Factory Service Manual set which would have the wiring diagrams for all this.

If you are not an electrical guru type, then best to check around and see if you could find someone to do this for you. Perhaps check with your GM dealer parts/service department and see if a second battery was an option for your vehicle.

If it was not an option, then might check at auto electric businesses or car stereo businesses and see if they could install a second battery for you.
  3. canislupis69

canislupis69 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

There is a how to thread on this topic somewhere on here. You just have to search for it.
  4. 97chevz71

97chevz71 New Member 100 Posts

Springthing did this on his brurb
  5. thrasher

thrasher New Member 100 Posts

try googling it.
  6. BluBurb89

BluBurb89 New Member 100 Posts

Try this site; it will cover the basics and then some. It has a section w/diagrams devoted to your question.
    www.bcae1.com/ Good Luck!