Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Adding the factory bluetooth

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by blumbergh12, Dec 24, 2009.

1. blumbergh12

blumbergh12 New Member

hi all just got my new truck on Monday and i am already trying to make it work better for me. has anyone ever looked into what is necessary in order to add the factory Bluetooth system to the truck? the only thing i wanted that i didnt get when i bough the truck was the interior plus package. i found the DIC panel and now i am going to do some research on how to add the Bluetooth( if possible ) and if it is possible to add the automatic climate control. but for now i want to ge the Bluetooth working with out having to go to an entirely new after market stereo system.

2. Stealth

Stealth Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

have you been to a dealership ot have them look at it?

3. blumbergh12

blumbergh12 New Member

nope.. just got the thing and had to do the whole work and Christmas thing...

i was just wondering if it was something that they had to turn on or if it was a major upgrade job.. i really didnt see any difference between the trucks equipped with bluetooth radios and the the ones with out.. i am totally not going to put the NAV system in.. no way i am paying 1900 bones for that thing...

4. Chainfire

Chainfire New Member

You will need to replace the VCIM for one with bluetooth the part number is

unfortunatly it looks like Gm has stopped selling these for some reason

5. blumbergh12

blumbergh12 New Member

thanks guys i'll look into it....

6. blumbergh12

blumbergh12 New Member

well i found it on a few sites but they all say you have to get it through the dealership... booooo...

7. Chainfire

Chainfire New Member

found this on another site

Subject: Information on OnStar® Destination Download Incomplete, Intermittent (Replace OnStar® (VCIM) Module)

Models: 2009 Buick Enclave

2008-2009 Cadillac CTS, CTS-V

2009 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV

2009 Chevrolet Avalanche, Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe, Traverse

2009 GMC Acadia, Sierra, Yukon, Yukon XL

2009 Saturn OUTLOOK, VUE

All Equipped With Gen 8.0 OnStar® (RPO UE1) and Navigation Radio (RPOs U3R, UVB, U3U, UAV or UZR)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This bulletin is being revised to change the Warranty Information. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 08-08-46-003B (Section 08 -- Body & Accessories).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Condition
    Note: For the model year vehicles mentioned above, the "Directions and Connections" service package will allow the driver to request directions from OnStar®.

Vehicles equipped with OnStar® and a navigation radio may experience intermittent failure to download directions to the navigation radio. Customers will call OnStar® for directions, OnStar® will download the destination to the vehicle and the customer will hear "Your destination is being sent to your vehicle. When safe and appropriate, press the Go button and follow instructions on your navigation screen to begin your route." However, the customer may not see the Go button, or the Go button on the navigation screen may be unresponsive, and therefore unable to be pressed in order to start the directions.

Cause
    This condition may be caused by any of the following:

• The navigation disc is not inserted in the radio. Some radios may display a message that states that the map disc must be inserted for destination download.

• An OnStar® (VCIM) module software anomaly. The OnStar® destination download does not complete communicating to the navigation radio within a certain time frame.

• A navigation radio software anomaly. This applies to 2008-2009 CTS and CTS-V vehicles with RPO UAV.

Correction
    Important: DO NOT replace the navigation radio for any of these conditions.

• If the navigation disc is not installed, insert the navigation disc and test the operation of the system.

• For 2008-2009 CTS and CTS-V vehicles with RPO UAV, update the navigation radio software. Refer to Corporate Bulletin Number 08-08-44-019A.

• For all other vehicles, an updated OnStar® VCIM is now available. Replace the OnStar® VCIM. Refer to OnStar® Module VCIM Replacement in SI.

Parts Information
    DO NOT OBTAIN PARTS FROM GMSPO. Contact an authorized Electronic Service Center for replacement.

The following list provides the updated part number information:

Old Part Number
    New Part Number

Warranty Information
    For vehicles repaired under warranty, use:

Labor Operation
    Description
    Labor Time

R5143
    Communication Interface Module Replacement
    Use Published Labor Operation Time

GM bulletins are intended for use by professional technicians, NOT a "do-it-yourselfer". They are written to inform these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or to provide information that could assist in the proper service of a vehicle. Properly trained technicians have the equipment, tools, safety instructions, and know-how to do a job properly and safely. If a condition is described, DO NOT assume that the bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle will have that condition. See your GM dealer for information on whether your vehicle may benefit from the information.

WE SUPPORT VOLUNTARY TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATION

© 2009 General Motors. All rights reserved

8. Chainfire

Chainfire New Member

Ok

have done some internet browsing

you need three parts to put OEM bluetooth into 2009/2010 silverado trucks

20783877 - VCIM
    25851951 - Audio/bluetooth switch
    15938939 - vcim bluetooth antenna

going to call my GM dealer to see if the VCIM is available the other parts should be no problem

price range is around 500.00 maybe less if you hunt around

9. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I'm using a HTC G1 with Google Maps with Navigation. Turn by turn directions and when you get to the destination you get an on screen street view picture. Any of the Android equipped phones can run the free application and the maps are updated for free.

It even can show you the traffic. You can tell if its better to stay on the freeway or use surface streets. You can also use it as a hand held while walking.

T-Mobile, Verizon, Sprint all offer phones with the Android OS and AT&T is going to be offering them soon.

Doubles as a phone, and can be taken with you to whatever vehicle you are in.
    [​IMG]

10. blumbergh12

blumbergh12 New Member

thats all money guys.. thanks for looking into it... sure wish my truck would have just come with the interior plus package for 600 bones in the first place...