1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Adding XM ? 2011 Model ? Help :)

Discussion in 'Chevy Equinox Forum (GMC Terrain)' started by jbird87, Aug 20, 2011.

1. jbird87

jbird87 New Member

Hello. I recently purchased a 2011 Equanox.

I did not get the XM radio in my package.I do have the connections/convience package, Onstar,

I would like to now add XM to my car.

Is there a way to add the XM to the current radio? (AM/FM/ CD AUX) ?
  2. I would be happy to look into this with you VIN. You can also contact your local dealer for more information. Please feel free to contact me via private message. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
  3. sstoner911

sstoner911 New Member 1000 Posts

If you do NOT have XM as a choice from the buttons on the radio, there are aftrermarket options to get XM. However, if it were me and i just purchased it, I would see if the dealer will swap the radio for you.

If they are reluctant, call the bank to see if they have funded the deal or not(how recently did you buy it?)...if they have not, ask them to hold funds until you get the radio situation resolved. You probably wont have to wait long for your XM.

With that vehicle it looks like you have to get the Navigation in order to get XM.....I am guessing the cost between your radio and the navigation is pricey. If you cant get the dealer to swap, and your current radio is not XM ready, then you will have to go with something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=11DY83XW4M2DZT77AWPF
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2011
  4. mwatters

mwatters New Member

As I'm sure you have figured out, XM radio and Onstar and two wonderful features to have in your Chevy, no matter which model it is. I can't remember how many times I have been bailed out with directions by the friendly Onstar staff or had miles file by thanks to the wonderful music played by XM radio. You'll be happy you made the switch!