Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Adjusting idle on a 1990 350 TBI motor?

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by bigburb, May 9, 2009.

1. bigburb

bigburb Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Is there any way to adjust the idle on a 1990 TBI 350? I know the tag under the hood says it set & sealed at the factory, so I really don't know what to think.

Is there a way to adjust this? or should I just leave it alone?
  2. 1995 silverado

1995 silverado New Member

i know on the driver side of the tbi unit, there is a plastic screw on the end of the throtle cable, twist it in or out and the idle will change. but that is on my 95, not sure if it is the same on yours. as far as playing with it, i dont know, i was fooling with mine, it didnt really seem to hurt it none. hope that helps!
  3. bigburb

bigburb Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

alright, I'll give that a try and see if it helps at all!

Well I found the screw I was looking for. It stick out through part of the side on the TBI and pushes a plate connected to the end of the throttle cable back or forth depending on which way you turn it. The only problem is, it's sealed off! It's got a nice cap over the head of the screw that looks near impossible to remove unfortunately...
    Last edited: May 10, 2009