1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Adjusting power steering pulley

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Mysuburban99, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Mysuburban99

Mysuburban99 New Member

Hi everone I have a problem with my 99 suburban. I have read a lot of threads about belt noise and the best thing I have heard is to adjust power steering pulley need to know how to do that any help would be great
    Thanks
    Mike sterling heights michigan
  2. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C ! If you don't get an answer here, post in one of our "technical" forums. Good luck!
  3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome! You should likely post in one the technical forums as more people will read your inquiry than here.
  4. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the Club. Check tension before adjusting anything. Also check the belt for shiny surface which may indicate one or more pulleys may be frozen. Also check belt for cracks. If belts look good Get a bar of Ivory soap, start your engine and carefully hold bar of Ivory on inside of belt for about 30 seconds. It usually takes away all those Halloween sounds(Screeching).
  5. Mysuburban99

Mysuburban99 New Member

Thanks for the help I will give that a try
    Thanks
    Mike
  6. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

let us know how it goes