Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Adjusting tailgate

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by safetyfast, Jun 3, 2009.

1. safetyfast

safetyfast New Member

My tailgate sticks out at each side from the body about 1/4" I took the latch off thinking it would have some adjustment to it, but I don't see any way of adjusting the latch. There doesn't seem any way to move the latches. What am I missing?
  2. safetyfast

safetyfast New Member

Surely someone else has had this problem.
  3. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Can you show us the Problem you are having your Tailgate with a Couple of Pictures?That would really help to see what you got going on there.Thanks
  4. safetyfast

safetyfast New Member

Here's the photo. Both sides stick out like this. It will push in even, like it just needs the striker to be adjusted inward, but I don't see any adjustment.
    [​IMG]