1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

advice on 1988 stereo setup

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by slowredchevy, Jun 15, 2010.

1. slowredchevy

slowredchevy New Member

im pretty set on hifonics.com subs, amps and componet speakers due to ive had them in all my cars and havent heard anything with better quality, but im stuck on what head unit i should get. ive got a single cab 88 silverado. dont know what all you can do, or what would be best. i would like to do a flip out screen for cheap, but id want a good one. or just a really nice cd player thats ipod capable. any ideas on what route youd suggest?

2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I would stick with a Alpine or Kenwood for flipouts. Something with a 4-5 volt rca output..Are you going with Nav?

3. slowredchevy

slowredchevy New Member

naw i got nav on my cell phone, what unit specifically would you say? and maybe a price, im open to all options really, just want something nice, thats not from walmart lol

4. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts