Advice on Modifications

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Metaluzc, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Metaluzc

Metaluzc Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

Leveling Kit- I have a simple 3" torsion keys/U-Bolt suspension lift kit and have been thinking about a leveling kit for the front so I don't have that traditional raised rear-end look but have heard that a leveling kit makes the ride/steering stiffer, is that true? Any recommendations on brands for a 3" lift?

Shocks- I haven't had the chance to install new shocks after the suspension lift but have been looking at SkyJacker Hydro 7000 ($80 a pair) and also Tuff Country SX8000 ($80 a pair) and Tuff Country SX6000 ($76 a pair). The problem is every site I have looked at says for front-end with lifts of 0"-1" and rear-end with lifts of 3"-6", none say for a 3" front lift, so the rear shocks would be no problem but I am not completely sure if the shocks would fit the front. Any advice would be appreciated.

Throttle Body/Throttle Body Spacer- I have lined up a BBK Throttle Body (already have BBK Headers) for $450 but not sure if the 7-10HP increase equates that price tag. Has anyone seen real gain from the throttle body spacer? I found one for $45 and don't mind paying that price even for say a 5-10HP gain but if the potential gain is negligible then that's $45 I could contribute towards a programmer instead.

Programmer- Quadzilla Stealth 2 Power programmer ($290.17), DiabloSport Predator Tuner ($287), or Superchips Flashpaq Tuner ($200). All of them receive 4 out of 5 stars or higher by customers. Seems to be a lot of favor towards the Diablo on this forum, has anyone tried one of the others I listed?

If any knows of other performance modifications that I might have left out, feel free to mention them to me.