1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Advice on Modifications

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Metaluzc, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Metaluzc

Metaluzc New Member 100 Posts

Leveling Kit- I have a simple 3" torsion keys/U-Bolt suspension lift kit and have been thinking about a leveling kit for the front so I don't have that traditional raised rear-end look but have heard that a leveling kit makes the ride/steering stiffer, is that true? Any recommendations on brands for a 3" lift?

Shocks- I haven't had the chance to install new shocks after the suspension lift but have been looking at SkyJacker Hydro 7000 ($80 a pair) and also Tuff Country SX8000 ($80 a pair) and Tuff Country SX6000 ($76 a pair). The problem is every site I have looked at says for front-end with lifts of 0"-1" and rear-end with lifts of 3"-6", none say for a 3" front lift, so the rear shocks would be no problem but I am not completely sure if the shocks would fit the front. Any advice would be appreciated.

Throttle Body/Throttle Body Spacer- I have lined up a BBK Throttle Body (already have BBK Headers) for $450 but not sure if the 7-10HP increase equates that price tag. Has anyone seen real gain from the throttle body spacer? I found one for $45 and don't mind paying that price even for say a 5-10HP gain but if the potential gain is negligible then that's $45 I could contribute towards a programmer instead.

Programmer- Quadzilla Stealth 2 Power programmer ($290.17), DiabloSport Predator Tuner ($287), or Superchips Flashpaq Tuner ($200). All of them receive 4 out of 5 stars or higher by customers. Seems to be a lot of favor towards the Diablo on this forum, has anyone tried one of the others I listed?

If any knows of other performance modifications that I might have left out, feel free to mention them to me.