1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Advice on new aftermarket trail lights!!!PLEASE

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by kylegillean, Jul 8, 2009.

1. kylegillean

kylegillean Former Member

I just purchased this truck and he had some round lights put on it. Pretty much they suck. they are dimmer than the stock running lights and are point less. Can anybody let me know of a good replacement. I'm looking for trail lights but i would like maybe something rectangular that made it look more flush. any ideas?
    :sign0144:

Here is a pic[​IMG]
  2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Not good,If it were me I would try to find another Front Valance.Which can be found at a Number of places,Local Salvage Yards,Craigs List,E-bay and also LMC Trucks.Then look for some New fog Lights.
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2009
  3. kylegillean

yeah the idiot ripped the corners off the stock valence on a snowbank so he chopped it and color matched the valence and the plastic bumper cover. i liked it when i bought it but i don't know if i do anymore. i just want some bright ass lights
  4. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Its to bad,I'm not good with lights.but there are alot of members here that will pipe in with some good Infor.to help you out.Would you have any more pics of your ride??
  5. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

How many watts are the bulbs?
    You can buy higher watt bulbs (probably cheaper than a new set of lights) that'll fit in those lights.
    Also how are they wired, does the power wire come from an underhood relay to the lights or are they powered from the the switch on the dash?
  6. kylegillean

i don't know how many watts they are. there isn't even a brand name. they are powered right into the factory fog light switch. which i like. and would like to keep it wired like that. i found a bunch of other lights that your have to add a light switch and im not that good at electrical stuff so id rather buy 2 more high powered lights and just plug em in.
  7. kylegillean

i have more pics on my profile gallery. just cell phone pics. camera is at the cottage more coming soon.
  8. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Well if those are hooked into the factory fog light switch, then I am going to say they are 55 watts. That switch won't handle more than that, I can tell you from experience because I burned one up trying to run 85 watt lights. The previous owner totally destroyed that bumper, what a waste! PIAA makes a front bumper for your truck, that will house a set of 6" lights versus the stock 4" lights. I would recommend anything from PIAA, all of there wiring harnesses are complete and no splicing which is always a plus for me. good luck with whatever you decide! :sign0011:
  9. kylegillean

thanks i will check out the PIAA valance. I found a stock valance for around 50 bucks. so im thinking either going back to stock and color matching it and putting in some bright xid lights or do the PIAA thing.
  10. 99'HEARTBEAT

That looks like a Clean ride you have got there!!....TRPLXL2,Know's just about everything there is to know about Lighting.