1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Advise on rear slipping....

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Silverado 1999 4.3, Jun 9, 2010.

1. Silverado 1999 4.3

Silverado 1999 4.3 New Member

My '99 silverado 4.3 V6 has been acting strange.

When I come to a complete stop, and let off the brake to start to accelerate, I feel a slip at the rear wheels.
    This happens as soon as I let off the brakes...B4 I depress the accelerater.

It does not do this every time I stop, but it does do it quite often...any thoughts ?

Also, unrelated to the above, there is a rattle under the truck. Coming from muffler/ catalytic converter area...

It only rattles while in gear and on acceleration....it does not rattle at idle, so I have been unable to actuaaly go under and visually find location of rattle. Any thoughts ? Thanks. :great:
  2. Silverado Junkie

Silverado Junkie New Member 100 Posts

Well your rear end could be wore out and failing or if you've changed your rear differential fluid recently, you used the wrong fluid causing it to slip. I use synthetic gear oil and I add a limited slip differential additive to my fluid to keep it from slipping with the synthetic. Change your fluid and see if it helps and be sure to use the additive. I cant remember the name but its at autozone next to the rear diff fluids.