1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Aerodynamic, roof-mounted light bars with (white halogen) work/alley lights???

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by SurrealOne, Nov 4, 2011.

1. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Does anyone know of an aerodynamic, roof-mounted light bar that has (white halogen) work/alley lights without all of the warning/flashing/coloured LED nonsense. I want 360 degree work lighting from the roof ... and don't want to pour money into a light bar with warning/flashing/coloured LEDs I'm not going to use...

Assistance would be appreciated.
  2. redneck70

redneck70 Rockstar

Unless your lucky enough to find a used one on eBay that someone has already made I would recomend making one yourself. There are are lots of good low profile halogen and l.e.d work lights out there that you could mount to a roof rack. Your other alternative is to contact a company like Whelen or Code3 and have one custom made, but be ready for the sticker shock because getting them to make one with only white lights is still pretty expensive, so be ready to spend around $1000 for a bar that's just white halogen, you can pretty much double that for a l.e.d bar.
  3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Yea, I had considered a roof rack but I don't really like the looks of them. A whelan custom job is just crazy expensive; I've already looked into that. :(