Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

affordable shocks?

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Thatki, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Thatki

Thatki New Member

I have an 04 silverado 4x4 and my front shocks have decided they are done after 185k.. I was looking at auto parts websites and seeing a lot of replacments at around $50-60 per side.. i dont need anything fancy just dependable. mostly city/highway driving. could use a little softer ride because the minneapolis city streets and highways are always rough and im rarely going anywhere near weight capacity. doing my tie rods next week and i may as well do those too before the alignment.
    any suggestion?
  2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Basically anything middle of the road from Monroe will work great for MN roads (i have a set dont remember the exact name) and they ride awsome and have nnice control and still eat up the cavers that we call bumps up here!
  3. Thatki

Thatki New Member

thanks a lot man.. yeah i got a sink hole developing in front of where a usually park on the street. looks to be a couple feet deep.
    ill check those out. you know of any decent affordable place to get an alignment?
  4. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I have a little shop here in Cloquet that does them for $35. otherwise dont go to Firestone ever. But Tires plus charged me $67 a couple of weeks ago for my F-150.... But id say you may want to call around since MPLS has a TON of shops