after market exahust for Suburban

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by Marcus A., Jul 30, 2011.

1. Marcus A.

Marcus A. Rockstar

Anyone have good exhaust on a Suburban. I here there is a lot of resonate sound in cabin. Have 2 kids and a whiney wife. would like better sound and a few more hp.

2. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

My beast has dual in/dual out muffler, the factory was DI/SO, so really its a true dual in the modern sense I guess. I originally had a magnaflow muffler (local exhaust shop mandrel bent the pipes) on it and the resonance was HORRIBLE, I had a Flo-Pro put on and I love it. Much better tone, better seat of the pants dyno power, it was also cheaper then the magnaflow. I too have it for the family and on the highway you dont even notice it. But when you get on it it has a very faint little rap to it and a good medium tone.

3. robandshannon

robandshannon New Member

i have a 2001 lt autoride. i currently have the Gibson sport side exhaust. this is my second Gibson system. i also ways drive to vermont (in laws) and to the jersey shore (fishing) i've never had any complaints about drone. it does sound really good

4. Dantheman96

Dantheman96 Member

I have a Flowmaster 70 series DI,DO and 2 magnaflow hi flow cats. It sounds perfect and I picked up some noticeable torque.

5. Marcus A.

Marcus A. Rockstar

Thanks. I just picked up my 30 foot camper today. Weighs around 5000lbs. I live in central PA in the "mountains" (foot hills in some places) and down shifted into 1st half way up mountain, screaming at 5k rpm. Its an '03 burb 2500 with a 6.0l. and 2500 stall converter. not too impressed with hp from this motor. Handles good, rides good, on flat its pulls ok. Up hill not good. Need MORE POWER! Blackbear tune and exhaust deffinatly in future. Have the Volant cai with scoop and it makes a difference. Thanks for the help.

6. dknoerzer

dknoerzer Member

I had a dynomax on my truck and the drone was awful. I swapped it for a flowmaster american thunder system. Better tone, better torque, and no drone. At certain rpms the 5.3 even had a little bit of a big block rumble, without being too loud.

7. Marcus A.

Marcus A. Rockstar

I've been researching and I think the Gibson might be what I go for. After that its a Blackbear tune. I had the american thunder exhaust on a '90 camaro and liked it so it too may be a choice. Thanks everyone