1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

after market radio wont turn off

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by countryboi, Jan 28, 2012.

1. countryboi

countryboi New Member

i got a 03 gmc it has a aftermarket radio in it and last night was listing to music and went to turn it off and it wont turn off? I have replaced the box (wireing harness) because i was having problems with it and it fixed the problems but now it wont turn off and i didnt mess with anything just turned the key on and that wast it. If theres any ideas let me konw thanks!
  2. Untouchable

Untouchable New Member 100 Posts

Are you using a stock style harness, or is it possible that it's wired directly to a lead that's constantly hot?
  3. countryboi

countryboi New Member

no its not i dont think...i had to buy one with a box in it for the chimes of the door....i have never had this problem and it was just weird that it started acting up yesterday out of the blue