1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

After Market Steps

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by sutphen12, Aug 1, 2012.

1. sutphen12

sutphen12 New Member

Recently purchased a 2012 Silverado Z71 4x4 Crew Cab was wanting to add after market Nerf Bars or Tube Steps to the truck. I was wondering what everyone has put on theirs since there are several different brands and types out on the market. Thanks
  2. AMac

AMac Member 2 Years GMTC Chick 500 Posts ROTM Winner

I bought some black westin platinum series oval nerf bars but I keep getting conflicting advice whether I should put them on. Needless to say I've had them for at least 3 months now sitting in the box brand new. Might end up on Craigslist soon so I don't have to keep thinking about them.
  3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I'd recommend finding ones you like the look of, theres so many different manufacturers it'll make your head spin trying to keep up with them all.
  4. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

It's obviously just personal opinion as there really are A LOT of styles and manufacturers, but since you're asking I'm planning to get http://www.autoanything.com/nerf-bars/rbp-rx-3-series-nerf-bars

I just love the look better than anything else I've found. That being said, there are certainly less expensive options out there that look nice as well, so look around.
  5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

With RBP you pay a lot for the name/brand, but those bars are killer. I considered them for my truck early in its evolution (when I hadn't decided on black or stainless, yet) but the fact that they are only cab-length made me avoid them.
  6. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I'm looking into nfab wheel to wheel nerf bars with 6 steps. Might add alil extra support and weld them in. But every body's got what they like the best
  7. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Yeah, but you have a crazy long wheel base. They are full length for my mini crew/SB. And yes, I agree you're paying for the brand. Sadly, I've not found anything I like nearly as much.

But again, that's why it's important to look all over. You can get some really nice looking ones for half the price of the RBP.
  8. gabethesvg

gabethesvg Member

i went with the BULLY BAR Steps they were 50$ and even though they are a single step there black , strong and there sleek. see my pics, good price tho definitely recommend
  9. AutoAnything

AutoAnything Member 2 Years 100 Posts

AMac, put those Westin bars on and let's see how they look ;)

Smittybilt and Nfab are basically the same and I believe RBP uses the same stuff but at a higher price, but they do have some great designs.
  10. kayzen

kayzen Member

Hi Gabe, Do you have the step to install the Side step? or any pictures.. I got mine but cant figure out how to install it the stupid installation steps are not in the kit..