1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

After market tach?

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Knucklehead, May 12, 2009.

1. Knucklehead

Knucklehead Rockstar 100 Posts

Is there a way to install an after market tachometer to a vehical that doesnt come with a stock one? I like to keep an eye on my rpms but my burban dont have a tach!
  2. 2COR517

2COR517 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

You can pick one up at Autozone or wherever. Should have instruction to connect to your HEI.
  3. 89burban

89burban New Member

I have an 89 burban went bought an autometer tach all you gotta do is set the switch on the tach or in the tach to 8 cyl then run your 12 volt main power to the tach then you run your dimmer to it or just a 12volt for the light and the last wire goes to your coil there should be 4 wires on it 1 with a clip that goes to nothing and i belive it is white just hook the tach up there and blame its done really easy to do
  4. crane557

crane557 Rockstar 100 Posts

Nice! I want to hook one of these up.