Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Audio After Market Tray or Blank Plate for Factory CD Player

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by wut4dude, Jan 17, 2014.

1. wut4dude

wut4dude New Member

I have a 1999 Chevy Suburban K1500 that I'm getting ready to replace the factory sound system. I've pretty much determined what I want and what I need except for replacing the factory CD player which sits below the AC control panel. Is there a aftermarket recessed tray or blank plate that finishes off this area after the removal of the CD player? Any info or links is appreciated, thanks.

2. Camaro69car

Camaro69car Member 1 Year 100 Posts

I personally like the tray, extra storage. and a good place to keep the remote for the HU.

3. wut4dude

wut4dude New Member

Yup, I agree with you Jason on the tray...I'm having a hard time finding this tray to replace the factory CD player. Does anyone have any ideas who may carry this item? Thanks.

4. Camaro69car

5. wut4dude

wut4dude New Member

If the opening above the tray will fit around my climate controls panel this will work... And I'd not I can probably use the tray with a simple mod? Thanks Jason

- - - Updated - - -

I think I've found what I was looking for thanks to Dylan at Crutchfield. This will give me a storage tray where my factory cd player is located before removal.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_003UPK750/Universal-DIN-Pocket.html

6. Camaro69car

The link I posted fits without eliminating the climate control knobs. It fits exactly where your old HU is.